I picked up this book last weekend. I read the first couple pages and thought immediately of several friends who’d love this book. I emailed one of them and she had bought the book somewhere else that weekend too!
- Many of us have been hooked on approval since infancy
- Emotions that are not expressed cannot be fixed
- In contemplation we return to our naked, poor self and discover who we are apart from the role we play
- When we take ourselves too seriously, we identify with image, with what we think we are, with our reputation and the applause and compliments of others. Silent solitude liberates the pray-er from the tyranny of the approval and disapproval of others.
- Breakdowns often lead to breakthroughs
- Do we value the approval of God more than the approval of others?