On Monday, February 15, I was recommended to the Pacific Northwest Annual Conference for commissioning as a provisional member. This means the full board of Ordained Ministry will vote on me at the spring meeting and all clergy will vote at the clergy session in June. If those are both yes, then I’ll be commissioned as a pastor in the United Methodist Church on Saturday, June 15. I’ll receive a license to serve as a local pastor.
- I’m entering into a relationship of trust and service to others
- I’ll be able to baptize people, offer communion and officiate at weddings
- The past 10 years in the candidacy system of the UMC have been worth it
- In a culture of instant gratification, the things truly worth having take a lot of work
- Other people see God’s gifts for ministry in me and it’s not just me and my crazy thoughts!